Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A rant on Tracy Bregman

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Now I realize Tracy Bregman is a mom in real-life but when she refuses to work the hours required to support a front-burner storyline, her character shouldn't be married to a front-burner storyline character like Michael Baldwin (Christian LeBlanc). And yet her fans bitch about her lack of airtime. Okay people - she has a lack of airtime because she doesn't want to work the fricking hours because she wants to be part-time to be with her family!

What I'm pissed about is that her refusal to work the hours affects Christian LeBlanc who is a hard working and gifted actor and should be front burner all the time, but it seems the only thing they have for him without his "wife" is being Victor's mouthpiece and sparring with his demented but funny brother and his evil whore of a mother! Therefore, the writers need to break this marriage up, let Tracy Bregman have her housewifey part-time job just being in the background and appearing time to time. That way, CLB can move on and enjoy scenes with actors/actresses who are willing to put in the hours.

Posted · Report post

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO I love it.. this is so true.. and I totally agree with you.. this is a great post

Posted · Report post

no joke..great post..lol she really shouldnt be with mikey, and be holding him back...

Posted · Report post

Well, gals, I think we're probably in the minority here because the Baldwin/Fenmore union is considered divorce-proof and sacred by most. To me,

it's just a waste of CLB's talent. :angry:

Posted · Report post

Now I realize Tracy Bregman is a mom in real-life but when she refuses to work the hours required to support a front-burner storyline, her character shouldn't be married to a front-burner storyline character like Michael Baldwin (Christian LeBlanc).  And yet her fans bitch about her lack of airtime.  Okay people - she has a lack of airtime because she doesn't want to work the fricking hours because she wants to be part-time to be with her family!

What I'm pissed about is that her refusal to work the hours affects Christian LeBlanc who is a hard working and gifted actor and should be front burner all the time, but it seems the only thing they have for him without his "wife" is being Victor's mouthpiece and sparring with his demented but funny brother and his evil whore of a mother!  Therefore, the writers need to break this marriage up, let Tracy Bregman have her housewifey part-time job just being in the background and appearing time to time.  That way, CLB can move on and enjoy scenes with actors/actresses who are willing to put in the hours.

Hi, Merlot!

I was wondering where you came by this information? I had always thought she was on recurring status by TPTB due to budget cuts, and not because she did not want to work full time. She has been on recurring status for many years now, and even with that she carried a big storyline when Sheila was running around, as herself and as the Phyllis look-a-like. Did she do an interview or something? Thanks!

Posted · Report post

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO I love it.. this is so true.. and I totally agree with you.. this is a great post

I had no idea that it was Bergman that was calling the shots...I agree break them up..even a great SL there..He is my favorite and now you have cleared up what I was wondering about his air time.

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

no joke..great post..lol she really shouldnt be with mikey, and be holding him back...

:blink: she really does hold him back and truthfully I am amazed he doesn't complain.. it is time to break them up.. and aren't TB's kids getting old enough for her to work more.. either that or quit.. I am not her biggest fan that is for sure.. and again today she is trying to look 20 at the stagette..

Posted · Report post

Now I realize Tracy Bregman is a mom in real-life but when she refuses to work the hours required to support a front-burner storyline, her character shouldn't be married to a front-burner storyline character like Michael Baldwin (Christian LeBlanc).  And yet her fans bitch about her lack of airtime.  Okay people - she has a lack of airtime because she doesn't want to work the fricking hours because she wants to be part-time to be with her family!

What I'm pissed about is that her refusal to work the hours affects Christian LeBlanc who is a hard working and gifted actor and should be front burner all the time, but it seems the only thing they have for him without his "wife" is being Victor's mouthpiece and sparring with his demented but funny brother and his evil whore of a mother!  Therefore, the writers need to break this marriage up, let Tracy Bregman have her housewifey part-time job just being in the background and appearing time to time.  That way, CLB can move on and enjoy scenes with actors/actresses who are willing to put in the hours.

I LOVE THEM AS A COUPLE. THEY CAN JUST HAVE MICHAEL DO WHAT HE'S

DOING. BEBOPPING AROUND FOR VICTOR AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO

HE'S REPRESENTING

Posted · Report post

Well, gals, I think we're probably in the minority here because the Baldwin/Fenmore union is considered divorce-proof and sacred by most. To me,

it's just a waste of CLB's talent. :angry:

I don't see how anyone can be a fan of this couple.. they do nothing.. absolutely nothing.. I sure dont see what is worth cheering on

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

ya I am sinshine from cbs

I am not loving lauren's looks lately.. she is looking mighty trashy..

but the problem is that TB does not want to work full time.. so it limits the story they give them.. I love mikey or I did.. now he is almost on existant and that has happened since they paired him with Lauren.. so for me I want them over.

Posted · Report post

Yep, Sinny, I say bust 'em up! :2 :2

Posted · Report post

Why do they have to break up for CLB to get a s/l or more airtime? There are a ton of ways they can explain Lauren not being attatched to Micheal's hip. Good grief, Dylan on Guiding Light is often referred to by other characters as if he is still in town, but he hasn't actually been seen by viewers for months!

I would like to see more of CLB also, I just don't think they have to break up the couple to do it.

Posted · Report post

I love Michael and Lauren as a couple!

They were so much fun when they were courting, and I remember especially when they were making out in the barn at the Newman Ranch, and hid under the hay, almost getting caught! They were sexy, cute, and fun as a couple!

I love the way they support each other so completely, like when she has a panic attack, the way he takes care of her! Even when they have big fights, they are still solid as a couple.

Too often in soaps, couples split up over small things, and move on to the next person the next week. No one seems to be able to maintain a healthy and lasting relationship. I love Michael and Lauren because they are THAT couple for me ... the one who stays together despite problems that occur in their marriage, or from without, like from Gloria.

Tracey Bregman was hired by Y&R in 2001, and offered to reprise her role of Lauren Fenmore as a recurring actress. Whether she dictated that choice or the show, I do not know. During these past few years, she has carried a large amount of storyline on various occasions. And, whether she is there all the time or not has nothing to do with how much time we see Michael.

I would be VERY disappointed to see them break up their marriage! Someone HAS to stay married on the show! They make a sexy, great and powerful couple, with a lot of life, love and fun left in them. Now, if we can just get the writers to get the show back on track, Christian Jules LeBlanc and Tracey Bregman will be able to come back strong with a rock-em, sock-em storyline!

What can I say? I love Michael and Lauren as a couple!

Posted · Report post

Yep, Sinny, I say bust 'em up! :2 :2

I say bust em up too.. they are so fucking boring LMAO

Posted · Report post

Why do they have to break up for CLB to get a s/l or more airtime? There are a ton of ways they can explain Lauren not being attatched to Micheal's hip. Good grief, Dylan on Guiding Light is often referred to by other characters as if he is still in town, but he hasn't actually been seen by viewers for months!

I would like to see more of CLB also, I just don't think they have to break up the couple to do it.

I think clb is being wasted right now.. and that is cuz he is hooked up with TEB. IMO anyways.. ever since they got married mikey has become a dull wimpy boy.. break him free.. I want him single.. he is much better when he has no one to answer too.

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

This couple just don't have any interesting s/l right now. Lauren's abscence can be easily explained away without them breaking up. But seriously this couple does nothing for me.

Posted · Report post

I dont hate lauren i just find her boring and she makes mikey boring

Posted · Report post

I am new here and just happened to check out the site and had to respond to the Tracey Bregman rant. I am a big fan and post often over at Sony.

Tracey Bregman does not dictate her airtime or that of CLB. That falls in the lap of the writer and producer. I actually met her earlier this month and told her I wished she was on more and she said she also wished the writers used her more like they did in the past and seemed frustrated with her lack of airtime and story. She mentioned the change in writing staff over the last three years. She has mentioned numerous times she would like to see Lauren in business mode, or have Scotty return, and would like both Lauren and Michael to be more edgy. Yet she is an actress and can only play what is written for her.

I thought it would be interesting to see the airtime of CLB and TEB since they became a big couple in 2005 and compare the episodes with Judith Chapman, Peter Bergman and Michelle Stafford. This info is from SON and took me about 5 mins to put together.

2005 - Likey and CLB and TEB were favorites of head writer Jack Smith and they received heavy story for the second half of the year culminating in their wedding.

CLB - 185 eps (ranked 1) PB - 150 eps (8)

TEB - 122 eps (16) MS -175 eps (3)

JC- 154 eps (7)

2006 - LML takes over and I think it is safe to say Peter and Michelle were her favorites. LML gave CLB airtime but he became more supporting but Fen was born this year and Lauren had her PPD storyline.

CLB - 158 eps (ranked 6) PB - 201 eps (1)

TEB - 93 eps (20) MS - 186 (3)

JC - 156 eps (8)

2007 - LML still in charge and still played up Peter and Michelle. CLB and TEB were mere props for Phyllis and Gloria. Sheila as Phyllis was their last story which ended in Feb. Michael was in lawyer mode most of year ( for Winters, Phyllis, Victor)

CLB - 144 (ranked 4) PB - 175 (1)

TEB - 105 (17) MS - 168 (2)

JC - 109 (16)

2008 - The year of the Newmans and Gloria. Maria Bell took over. These are the rankings as of end of July. No story for Likey until Lowell started this month.

CLB - 60 eps (ranked 21) PB - 94 eps (6)

TEB - 49 eps (25) MS - 85 eps (11)

JC - 99 eps (4)

Tracey is recurring but was asked back in 2001 as recurring not contract. She had been let go of Y & R and B & B in the past while on contract and prior to 2004 the show did not use her much. She has said many times she welcomes heavy story when she is needed and yes she may take extra time off for her kids but that is mostly in the summer. It is not fair to put the blame on her for the reduction of airtime for CLB. They write for other married couples. Obviously Likey has not been a favorite of LML and Maria. We will see if things change the rest of the year. Finding them boring is fine, but blaming Tracey for something she has little control over seems a bit unfair. If you made it through, thanks for reading my rant. LOL.

Posted · Report post

LOL it was a good rant

Posted · Report post

We appreciate your rant lm....thanks for the info.

Posted · Report post

It was a GREAT rant, lamfan and I enjoyed it appreciated it very much. Definitely a new slant with good stats on what has been circulating and put out there for so long.

Somebody just needs to tell Maria_Larue this over at Sony! (among others).

Thanks again, lmlfan - it makes sense. I guess that's why I really appreciate a board where you can express views and see others and get things cleared up.

I am a TB fan - always have been except when she was a mean little cuss torturing Traci the Chubette back in the '80's. I just think this union with CLB is not the best move for his fast-moving career. Mark my words, one of these days, Y and R is going to lose CLB to something bigger and better...